4th Meeting of Ophthalmologists “Optimal Treatment of Eye Diseases” and the COFD`s Extraordinary Assembly
The 4th Meeting of Ophthalmologists “Optimal Treatment of Eye Diseases” was held on November 3, 2018, at the hotel “Podgorica” in Podgorica, and organized by “Optimal” Eye Hospital from Podgorica. The meeting was attended by 30 ophthalmologists and residents from Montenegro and held with the following topics and speakers :
• Laser eye correction and corneal dystrophy Sergei Alpatov,MD/PhD, Optimal Eye Hospital, Podgorica
• Cataract surgery in patients with the last stage of glaucoma Danijela Đurović Raonić,MD/MS, Clinical Centre of Montenegro, Eye diseases Clinic , Podgorica
• Vitrectomy in the treatment of a diabetic macular edema Edita Files Bradarić,MD, Optimal Eye Hospital, Podgorica
• Evidence-Based Cataract Treatment Haris Kujunđić, MD, Clinical Centre of Montenegro, Eye diseases Clinic , Podgorica
• Prostaglandins in glaucoma therapy – Sponsor Presentation Biljana Milojko-Šćepović, MD/PhD, Clinical Centre of Montenegro, Eye diseases Clinic , Podgorica
• Brain Gymnastics – Puzzles from Practice Sergei Alpatov,MD/PhD, Optimal Eye Hospital, Podgorica
The meeting program with 6 presentations and discussions after each presentation has been successfully realized. The first three presentations include treatment results from the professional practice of speakers and clinics, the fourth with proven worldwide recommendations on cataract surgery, the fifth sponsorship presentation regarding the efficacy of Xalatan (Pfizer) antiglaucoma drug and the last presentation are puzzles from practice.
The meeting was scored by the decision of the Chamber of Pharmacists with 2 points for the lecturers and 1 point for the other participants.
The COFD’s Extraordinary Assembly was held for the election of the new president of the association and the members of the steering and supervisory committee, after the meeting. At the Extraordinary Assembly were submitted reports on the work of the association in the last two years and Dr Biljana Milojko Šćepović , MD/PhD, was elected as new COFD president in the following four-year term.
The meeting of Ophthalmologists ended with a lunch in the Hotel restaurant.